Who did he imagine 20 years ago that it would be possible to find the love of your life or just a man or a woman to have a date with just a few keystrokes on the screen? Online dating sites as popular at the turn of the century as AdultFriendFinder or Ashley Madison, have given rise to a new generation of mobile applications to get to know people even more easily and arrange a date.
Find a couple on your smartphone.
And of these apps, Tinder is probably the most popular with over 100 million downloads, over 50 million users, very positive reviews and versions for iPhone, Android in APK format, Windows PC and web. Born in 2012, its success surely lies in its simplicity of interface and in finding candidates for appointments. In fact, its likes system has already been adopted by other services: slide left to reject a candidate, right to make a J’aime and up for a super like.
From there, the platform takes care of pooling users who have given each other reciprocal likes (a match) by allowing them to chat directly from the application and start a virtual relationship in most cases ends in a real life meeting.
How do I start using Tinder?
Before finding the love of your life or someone to spend a night of passion on your iPhone, you must first complete a series of steps common to all users of the platform :
- Step 1: download and install the app from iTunes
- Step 2: Sign up with Facebook or an email account.
- Step 3: Enter gender, age and name.
- Step 4: Upload a photo of yourself or others.
- Step 5: Link other social profiles to your account to give more information such as Spotify, Instagram, etc.
- Step 6: Set a maximum distance for the app to look for a couple.
- Step 7: Choose whether you’re interested in men or women.
- Step 8: Decide whether to pay for a Tinder Plus account, the premium version of the service that will make you more visible and turn you into a top profile.
By completing these steps, you’ll have several candidates that you can accept or decline according to your personal taste and wait for the notification of the hoped-for match at the end.
Alternatives to Tinder
Of course, this platform is not the only one of its kind. Nowadays, there are dozens and almost hundreds of dating apps: Badoo, happn, lovoo, Hater, Meet24 and many more. Which one is better? Why use Tinder and not another one? We can’t say that this application is better than the previous ones but it’s true that the user base is so big and it works in so many countries that it’s much easier to tinder and find exactly what you’re looking for, whether you’re in Paris, Marseille, Toulon or Nice.